Dr. Mary S.
Teaching experience: 13 years
Teacher (Grade 2-3)
She started teaching way back in the ‘80s to young adults, and loves witnessing those ‘aha’ moments in her students. She enjoys reading and spending time outdoors. An all-rounded holistic approach to education is her teaching philosophy. A great listener, she loves cracking jokes that make her students crack up.
Education & Qualifications
- B.A. in Political Science
- MAT (Masters of Arts in Teaching) Southern Oregon University
- Specialist in K-8th grade education with Multiple Subject Endorsement in Elementary Education (Reading, Math, Science & Social Studies)
- Dual State Certification in ESOL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) & SPED (Special Education)
- K-12th Grade Teacher
- Trained in curriculum development and planning
- Taught campus classes, core subjects and worked with homeschooling students: Logos Public Charter School, Oregon
- Elementary School Teacher: Three Rivers School District
- Familiar with California and Oregon state curriculum standards
- Taught abroad in Europe (Prague, Czech Republic) for 8 years under British curriculum
Dr. Mary S.