Last updated: October 15, 2017
At Talentnook, we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and it is part of our mantra and mission to make Talentnook a trusted platform for all users. We want to assure you that your privacy is of utmost importance to us and that you can use our services with complete confidence. We are very sensitive to privacy and confidentiality issues in online transactions. We pride ourselves in being completely transparent regarding our protection of your privacy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our website and all other Talentnook apps and platforms including web-based platforms.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites (including social media platforms) and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party, including our partners or vendors.
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website (such as AWS, White Pages, Accurate Background and Stripe).
- us during marketing and community events in person (offline) or online through surveys or social media.
Children & minors
Our website is intended for general audiences and is not directed at children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's internet usage. If you have any reason to believe a child under the age of 13 is using our website or has provided personal data to us, please contact us immediately and we will take all the necessary steps to remove the data as soon as possible.
Information we collect
The users are free to navigate through our website without providing any personally identifiable information if they do not want to sign up with us.
We collect several types of information from and about users and usage of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, age, gender, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and school, and, in the case of Talentmasters, their social security number or tax ID number and date of birth for tax purposes ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as website usage; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for our website. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Collection, use and sharing of information
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone other than authorized users and providers of talentnook.com.
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on our website.
- Your geographical location using location feature on our website, so that such information may be shared with users in your network or other members. We may also use your location information for advertising or promotional purposes. YOU MAY DISABLE THE AUTOMATIC LOCATION COLLECTION FEATURE ON OUR WEBSITE BY USING THE PRIVACY SETTINGS ON YOUR BROWSER AND/OR DEVICE, OR BY UNINSTALLING THE APP IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED IT.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- To carry out any analytics and trends necessary for our business operations, marketing and sales.
- In any other way that we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We use this information to analyze trends among our users to build and improve our website, make it more accessible to you, for marketing purposes, and to improve the experience on the website to serve you better.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Under California law, companies are required to inform users whether a website responds to the Do Not Track setting of a user's web browser. For our website, we do not currently respond to it because we use third party services such as Google Analytics. Some of these third party services rely on technology which does not work with the Do Not Track framework.
We also may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Talentnook Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Talentnook Inc. about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "invite a friend" feature of our website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients. If you are a member (parent or Talentmaster) hosting a Talentnook at your home, some of your personal information such as name and address will be visible to other members; or if you are a Talentmaster, your name, email, phone number and profile details (such as education, language, photos, availability, profile description, fees, feedback and other related profile information) will be visible to other members.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. For example, some of your information, such as photos, name, feedback, fees, travel distance and relevant teaching information may also be visible to non-members. Photos of Talentnook lessons may also get shared with Talentmasters, parents and students.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Talentnook Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your access to and control over information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or contact us form given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes, as well as the type of information shared. If you are a California resident and would like to such obtain such list and information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer's hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Links to other websites
Our website or social media content may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its employees participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its employees will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. You may, however, log-in to your account through sign-in services such as Facebook Connect and Google Authenticator, in which case, you will be deemed to have provided us with permission to access certain information about you, such as your user ID, profile, friends list, user graph and profile photo.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. We cannot ensure the privacy of your personal information if it is included in any content you publish through social media platforms or other user generated content.
Shortened links in social media
This website and its employees through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls.
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its employees cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Surveys & contests
From time-to-time our website may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of development, improvement and performance of this website.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Arbitration and governing law
Again, we are committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.